December 15, 2004

it makes me sad...

...to think that Steve Perry may never return to Journey again. For some reason I always thought he had some throat problem, but I guess I was just thinking of the Spin Doctors' guy. Steve, apparently, had a hip problem that prevented him from touring and so the rest of the guys chose to move on without him (bastards!). I'm sorry but, there is NO replacing Steve Perry.

I know none of this is new news. And I know it's a little out of the blue. I listened to some Journey tonight. Big Journey fan. Even air guitared along.

"Thank God for Santana breaking up, so Journey could form" - Mark
"Thank God for Steve Perry's hair which is what first drew me to Journey" - Me, in my head.

Journey ... and also The Cars - two highly underrated bands that I reserve for those moments in need of some serious rockin' out and a general feel-good atmosphere.

'The party's over....''I guess you're just what I needed...'

2 comments:

TRENT said...

How quickly you for get "Behind the Music: Journey" ... Steve Perry vowed that he would NEVER reunite with the band. So sad ... but you never really know. Don't Stop Believein'.

Sarah said...

Yes, but I have been reading the Steve Perry tribute page. He's also been quoted as saying "Never say Never" and suggesting that you never can tell. For now, he's riding the wave after being "Music Consultant" for the movie Monster. :)