December 17, 2004

holiday spirits

Yesterday was a nice, short work day. Came in late (9:30am), left at 12:30pm and headed over to Ciao Ristorante for our annual Holiday lunch with my coworkers. Every year our boss takes us to lunch and gives us the afternoon off. Of course, the afternoon turns to evening and we're still with each other ... drinking.

It's pretty nice, he treats us AND gives us each (15 of us!) a $35 gift card to usually a restaurant or movie theater. This year, it was Max & Erma's. At Ciao, we once again ate like kings and queens. We drank complimentary champagne, nibbled on bread dipped in balsamic vinaigrette & olive oil, ordered our main courses and then dessert - I had cinnamon ice cream with hot fudge. In addition to the champagne, let's not forget about the 3 cosmopolitan's and the Jack & Coke I slurped down. I feel fortunate that I really get along well with the folks I work with and genuinely care about them - even if they get on my nerves on a daily basis. :) The holiday tradition of getting drunk together certainly helps my perception of them, too. har har.

The rest of the night was a bit hazy.... went home and crashed, watched the 3-hour Apprentice and went to sleep.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks! I appreciate that! I'll have to check yours out as well. :)