January 15, 2005

swapping stories

I'm so glad that I don't have a headache this morning. I went to bed last night with a wee nagging ache in my skull (probably from not having eaten too much and drinking two strong martini's) but had no energy to get up to pop a few ibuprofen. Thankfully (knock on wood), I'm headache free now! I hadn't planned on drinking last night - Kirsten and I had made plans to hang out and just chat and perhaps catch a movie or something low-key. We both agreed that on Friday's we are usually spent from the hustle & bustle of the week. I planned on meeting her at her house at 8pm and going from there. Plans changed a bit and the boys entered the picture, which was totally cool. Mike ended up being at Kirsten's place and the three of us headed out for dinner at the Inn Season Cafe. We had to wait a little while which was fine because the food there is excellent. It was both Kirsten and Mike's first time and I think they really enjoyed their meals. While we waited, as well as over dinner, Kirsten and I swapped our similar stories with Mike chiming in every now and then. I hope he didn't feel ostracized as we "girl talked!" It was great to share similar thoughts and experiences with Kirsten. We've only hung out "on our own" once before, for shopping. As you can well imagine, it's hard to chat and get to know each other while searching for the perfect top. So this was a nice treat.

We had then talked of either going to a movie or renting one and staying in at Kirsten's. However, Erik & Trent met up with us after dinner and we ended up hanging around K's for a bit before heading off to The Living Room in Berkely for some drinks.

The Living Room - it's smoke free!

We each picked something for one another to drink and experimented with what ended up in front of us. Erik ordered me a "Nutty" which was a very enjoyable mix of vodka, Frangelico & Bailey's Irish Cream. niiiiiiiiice. I, in turn, ordered him a Vesper - which was straight up gin, vodka and campari, if I remember correctly. YIKES. It was a nice evening, pointing out each other's obvious character traits (Trent's "it's so good, it's SO good," Erik's invisible hair-on-forehead brush, Kirsten's point-then-talk-to-the-hand-she's-done motion, Mike's innumerable faces and gestures...) and discussing good movies. Good friends. Good deal.


No comments: