January 18, 2005

mlk day the lazy way...

Being that Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we get the day off at work and I generally try to find something humanitarian to do that day. You know, be of service somewhere for something. I had talked with Angi a couple weeks ago about maybe going out to Ann Arbor to recycle our junk that our curbside doesn't accept (we're avid recyclers) and then possibly volunteering somewhere out there. But with her midnight schedule and the fact that I had to reschedule a dentist appointment to that afternoon at 2pm, it didn't work out. So instead I met my mom for lunch at Olga's (one of our favorites!) and then quickly got my filling on at the tooth doctor before heading out to Angi's. We recycled, we ate at Seva (yes, i love eating) and then actually WALKED AROUND in the 0°F weather! But we went to Urban Outfitters and to Acme Mercantile before calling it a night and letting the blood back into our bodies in the warm car.

Earlier in the weekend I was able to hang with Trent (stayed in watched Mean Girls - funny!) and then, accompanied by Trent & Mark, took my 16 year old cousin to see Coach Carter. Pretty good movie - and it made #1 at the box office this weekend.

The rest of the week - between the cold and the fact that I'm broke - is going to be spent INDOORS. I need to stay warm and figure out a way to pay my $430 gas bill! (shhh... I "only" owe half)

1 comment:

TRENT said...

Are you trying to heat the whole neighborhood?