December 05, 2004

Mutha-load at Marshall's

Saturday, after a loooong day of lazing (mostly napping), Angi came and picked me up and we set off to tackle the christmas crowds at the malls. We both were so fricking starving, and still had to stop back at her house to pick up her shopping list, that we decided we needed to eat at Mongolian BBQ (plus I had that free stir fry). Stores would close before the restaurant, so we had to do the shopping first, much to our dismay. We stopped in at Marshall's and didn't leave there until we were both about $150 poorer. !!!

Let me tell you, of all the times I've been to Marshall's I have never found so much I wanted to buy. I think it's because when I've gone, I've always been shopping for clothes and never gift type stuff. I managed to clear a few people off my list as well as score some goodies for the gift exchange at my party. I think it's also due to the fact that we went to the Marshall's in Novi and I've only ever been to the one in Dearborn. Dearborn store = ghetto trash. Now that Angi has proven the worthiness of Marshall's, it's up to Kirsten to do the same with TJ Maxx. It's not that I don't believe them; in fact, almost everybody sings the praises of these stores. I just have never had good experiences when I've gone on my own. And I think I'm a pretty good shopper!

After shopping we ate at Mongolian (two trips up!) and headed back home. She had a 7am class on Sunday so it had to be an early night for her. Lucky for me, Mark decided to cancel plans he had and was waiting for me at home. :) We nuggled and fell asleep to a tape of "The Breakfast Club."

Today has been a domestic Sunday. Grocery shopping, laundry, dishes ... all the things I've been putting off and needed to get done. Luckily Marcus is here with me and we're gonna settle in soon for a night of VH1; "Big in '04" is on at 9pm - perfect to fold clothes to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TJMaxx! TJMaxx! TJMaxx!!

Sarah said...

haha - I know who this is!

It's on, girl. Just name the place and time. :D