April 20, 2005

vacuum turds

I just witnessed the most amazing thing. After spending about an hour and some change trying to unclog my vacuum hose, i got fed up. i took the entire thing apart, had vacuum parts and screws and DIRT everywhere! I soldiered on trying to remove the clog by sticking the cat toy stick in it, a broom handle, my fingers, shaking and jumping ... I finally called my mother (when in doubt...) and she suggested running the hose, which was indeed fully detatched, under HOT water and loosening the clog up that way. My mother is brilliant; cleaner extraordinaire. This is precisely what I did. It took some time for the water to really get in there and also some shaking and twisting of the hose tube. Finally ... PLOP! Out comes this giant muddy nasty wad of dirt/hair/cat fur/dust ball thing. It was sopping wet yet still holding together it's form, looking like a big piece of horse crap. GROSS.

At least I can finally vacuum up all the popcorn crumbs without having to ask Mark to bring his vacuum over. Having freshly vacuumed carpet is a little weight off my shoulders sometimes. It's a feel-good moment.

No comments: