January 20, 2005

inaugur...blah blah blah blah... day

Yeah, so technically, it's January 20th following an election year, and so this is Inauguration Day. I don't so much like to refer to it as that since a complete moron and a danger to our nation is being sworn in again. I just don't understand the 51% of the people that actually thought this would be a good idea. I know, I know.... i know all the different reasons someone might have voted that way. Anything from being brainwashed about GWB's take on Iraq to the religious factor down to the i-don't-really-care-and-i-didn't-like-Kerry factor. It just baffles me ... still.

And besides all that, the whole $40+ million going towards this "party" to swear the idiot in just absolutely disgusts me. Never, in any climate of our nation, does that kind of money need to be spent. But especially now, when we are losing money by the second to this war and when the rest of the world is in turmoil over the devastation of the tsunami ... why would someone so arrogantly lavish themselves in celebration this way? What a message. Yep, rest of the world ... you're gonna keep on hating us, aren't you? sigh.

At least I can take comfort in another completely capitalistic gala: the North American Detroit Auto Show. Sad thing is, I work for the industry. Ah well... at least I'm still a struggling peon here, so I have an excuse for staying and needing the money. ::gulp:: right? Anyways ... about 8 of us are about to head out of here, down to Pegasus for lunch and then to the auto show. Should be a good, albeit way too warm, day. (the auto show is always excruciatingly hot). Perhaps I'll have updates about the show later ... unless it's just way too boring. hah - more likely i'll have updates on the mullets and bling i see down there instead. later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi SAS, this is my last visit on the 'net for now - I'm tired. I found inaugur...blah blah blah blah... day by accident as I'm searching on dns hosting but I got fed up with that and I've been roaming about just reading what takes my fancy. Good blog you have here, I enjoyed my visit. Have a great day and it's back to dns hosting searches for me tomorrow.