January 25, 2005

sha-sh-sh shake that ass, girl

The past few days have been spent shoveling myself out of my house and driveway, tending to my sick babydoll and trying to eat healthier. Needless to say, it was a less than eventful weekend. I did hang with my mom and aunts on Friday night for Lisa's birthday; we ate at Macaroni Grill (got our desserts paid for!), then we saw Sideways and then hung out at a new Irish pub on that side of town called The Claddagh. Then Saturday came the snow ... and all the parking tickets! I swear, Dearborn police have nothing better to do than to send several cars at a time out to the subdivisions and write people up for being in the way of the snow plow. Funny how AFTER they ticketed us and we moved our cars, they still haven't plowed the spots they couldn't get to in the first place ... It's been 3 days.

But in happier news, I took Mark on a surprise mini-date last night. I had already planned on it, but wasn't sure if we still were gonna go since he hadn't been feeling well. We decided to still go and he was so surprised and excited to find that we were going to see The Grateful Dead Movie that was recently digitally remasterd in High-Definition and released for three days only at the Emagine theater.

The Dead Don't Die

The film is basically a night at a Dead show in 1977 somewhere in California with backstage footage and MUCH crowd & fan footage, coupled with some trippy animation. Jerry Garcia was the director. It was great to see a show like that, since I never had the opportunity to go to a show while Jerry was alive. Mark's been to too many to count and misses every minute of it. It was funny, the folks dancing, spinning - "noodle" dancing, if you will - didn't really look too much different from the folks you see at today's "hippie shows." It was an interesting time capsule of a film. And it sure did make me wanna get up in the aisles and boogie.


No comments: