January 29, 2005

*cough*

I'm wondering if my house is making me feel worse. I have this cold - and to others I probably don't sound so bad because I'm not really stuffed up in the nose and my cough is a dry kind of cough that just sounds like an average, clear-your-throat sound. But I have a constant tickle that makes me cough and my throat has been aching. And with my house having such dry heat, and me not having a humidifier, I'm sure it's not helping the dull nagging ache. Especially in the mornings, being that I sleep with my mouth wide open. Most unattractive. I'm also extra sleepy; a sure sign of being ill.

This being the case, I haven't really had anything going on. Especially nothing of particular importance or interest to write about in here. I haven't even really gone out of my house except to go to work. Mark has been at his parents house the past couple days (good things brewing in that arena!) and I've just been lazing around like a sloth. It's just as well since I'm so broke these days. But I do think we're going to be venturing out tonight ... an actual bar! I haven't seen the inside of a bar in a looooong time. But, being Sam's birthday on Monday, Ben and she are going to see some bands play tonight at the Lager House and the rest of us kids have been asked to come along. Should be a fun time, if I don't choke on my coughs and the bar stink.

In other "yay!" news, I got my W2's finally and was able to do my taxes in about 10 minutes, for only $15.95 using TaxAct Online. I used them last year and was impressed. I also got my refund back in half the time they said it would take (roughly 5 days), so Mark and I both used it this year. I'm getting a sizable refund and plan to make some payments to loans I'm currently chipping away at. I also plan to pay the remainder of my elliptical machine off and bring the bitch home, finally (i'm so fat). AND I plan to save a bit for our vacation (hopefully) in March. Sigh. I really should take part of it and open a Roth IRA or something, but ... I can't fathom using all the money for "adult" things.

I like to keep a healthy balance of responsible-adult behavior and you-only-live-once-and-you-never-know-when-you'll-die-so-have-fun-now behavior about me. Hell, I could be 65 and wealthy and run off to Jamaica then, after waiting all my life to pay off bills and save money. OR I could go now, when I'm scraping by and have no savings to my name, but at least I'm still able to enjoy life and smoke some weed and have great sex. :)

It's really an easy decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha SAS, I'm in Hawaiian mood as I'm listening to Ki ho'alu music (If you've not heared this type of guitar music then you are in for a treat!) so I'm not really concentrating very hard but I came across ##TITlE## looking up gen on frontpage hosting. Anything to do with frontpage hosting I always look at, though I do have a tendency to wander about in blogs just reading generally.