October 29, 2008

It's been a long time ...

Well, it's been about 3 years (and some change) since I last posted on this blog! Since my last post about my trip to Boston (Angi & Tony's first travel-nurse location), Angi & Tony have traveled to several more places, got engaged, got married and are now back in Michigan, moving into a newly purchased home. As for me, I've continued on the same path with Mark - he eventually moved in with me at the Calhoun house and then we bought a lovely home together in West Dearborn in 2007.

DSCN4972

Our jobs are still secure at Ford (for now) and we're living a wonderful life together!

I guess the reason I'm bothering to write this now is that I feel some sense of pride in this old blog. I took time to map out the layout and decide how I wanted to portray myself and, for the most part, I'm still the way you see me here. A little older (and hopefully wiser) with a few more life experiences under her belt ... but the same girl under it all. But this blog is a nice reminder of the little nuances of life that pass us by so quickly. It's nice to come here and see how I related to life at certain times and the way I chose to discuss it. I'd like to be able to gauge my progress of myself - the way I evolve as a person - and I guess these types of blogs can be sort of a small tool in that effort.

I've recently completed (and am extending to some degree) a nutritional detoxification program prescribed by my doctor. It has been a wonderful experience and I'm not too sure what I was afraid of before I started it. Thanks to the continual generosity of my 'BFF' Trent, I was able to afford this program. I've gained energy, more restful sleep, a better appreciation for healthier food and living, a bigger disdain of junk food (not completely though, I am human) and I've also LOST ... weight! yay! It feels good to grab those pants that were way too tight before and barely button, if at all, and slide them right on - buttoned up - with ease. Though the program is expensive, I would recommend it to anyone who could afford it and was passionate about helping themselves in a gentle and gradual manner.

I guess that's all I have for now ... I hope to be more diligent and tend to this little electronic diary with more frequency ... but we'll just see. That's the beauty of it; there's no one to answer to! But it's still here for me when I want it ...

Love and Light and we're almost at 2009! Sheesh ....

No comments: